Thursday, January 1, 2009

Another Christmas accomplished

Made it through yet another Christmas and I am extremely proud of the efforts I made. Seems that they continue to get more difficult every damn year. Read a post from 2007 Christmas time and seems that I've been feeling this way for a long time. The whole thing gets harder and harder to pull off with every passing year. There's the uninvolved husband who does nothing but bitch about the money spent and the "extra" stuff required of him. By extra stuff, I mean a trip to the local nursery to pick up a tree. Then there's the aged mother who requires more and more help and attention every month, then there are the two adult children who do NOT A F---KING thing but open gifts and make a mess.

The rest of Christmas is my job. If I were to quit my job I suspect there would be an uproar. There would be all kinds of sadness and remorse and "Whats wrong with "Hagis"? (not my real name, Imean really, who would call their daughter Hagis?)

Anyway, I think that next year, apart from time spent with my older brother, I refuse Christmas. I will, instead, go somewhere hot. I will rest. I will read. I will meet the locals.

Merry F--king Christmas.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We will celebrate Christmas slightly early next year .... in the Bahamas!! (Say around last week of November first week of December) You get to lay on the beach drinking sweet drinks with umbrellas in them. Christmas 2009 will be much better :-)

Claudia and Luke said...

I don't like Christmas either. Ever since I lost my parents...it just doesn't mean anything to me. I love being away at Christmas time so you aren't alone

Claudia and Luke said...

so???? where are you going for Christmas|??? I am going away in Feb...maybe late Jan..

I am doing a christmas open house this year.....I am putting an effort into it and going to try

come to my open house